Newark Independent Caravan Services
A Fresh Friendly & Local Approach to Care for your Caravan and Motorhome
We are social
Newark Motorhome and Caravan. Servicing Terms and Conditions
To enable us to carry out servicing on your vehicle safely we require the following conditions at the servicing location.
1. Payment will be required on completion of the work carried out, unless prior arrangement is agreed and given in writing
2. Payment to be made by Cash, Cheque (with cheque guarantee card and CRIS documentation or driving licence (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo, Jcb, Electron (some cards are subject to surcharge please check first )
3. Cheques to be made payable to Newark Motorhome and Caravans
(a charge of £15 will be made in the event of us having to represent the cheque)
4. Prior to any work carried out a full visual inspection will be carried out, internally and externally with notes of any damage, stains etc being recorded and photographed as necessary to ensure the protection of both Owner and Engineer.
5. Servicing will be carried out to the highest standard, and in accordance with Guidance Bodies and Manufacturers Safe Systems of work to ensure the safety of the Owner and the Engineer.
6. Where, during a service, a fault is found which is beyond the normal service schedule, i.e., beyond recommended serviceable life, we inform the Owner and offer to replace the affected items. The Owners permission to repair or replace will be obtained prior to such work being carried out. An excess charge for time and parts will be made should you not be contactable, and a revisit will be required and is chargable
7. In the event of adverse weather conditions or staff sickness it may be necessary to reschedule your service. We shall endeavour to give The Owner as much notice as possible and rebook as soon as possible, but will be not held responsible if this affects the caravans use and you miss a booked weekend away
8. In case of the engineer being unable to gain access to the caravan and/or security devices due to unavailability of the correct keys or is unable to gain access to the vehicle for any reason including alarms and non atendence by the owner at a location will be charged the Booked Service Charge* PLUS Call out Fee**.
It will be billed for and invoiced to the Owner.
b) that there is sufficient exterior clearance to gain access the external equipment and wheels, A clear area of about 3 feet/1m all around the unit is required. we will not be liable for damage to plants , forna and hedging or damage to the leisure vehical when forna catches it
c) the interior floor area of the van is free from obstructions to the internal equipment and appliances which need to be serviced, i.e.lockers are fully empty and floor is fully clear from obstructions of any kind.
d) the Caravan to be serviced must be on either Level Ground (a slope up to 1 in 15 is acceptable) OR Solid Ground (Grass and/or Gravel is fine as long as it is not soft underload). Said surface must not be covered in mud or with any form of urine or feases be it human , animal or any other.
e)security devices are fitted correctly by the owner after we have finished, As we will not be held responsible for refitting said devices (we are happy to assist the owner) but it is your responsibility, as the owner to check
f) the toilet cassette MUST be empty and clean or the toilet will NOT be serviced.
g)we are not on the public highway , this would be classed as unable to gain access and is chargable as in clause 8 unless this could be resolved
11. Between September and March we run a strict drain down policy in every Caravan we service during this time, to clarify this means removing water filters and leaving drain taps and sink taps open, unless you, The Owner, request otherwise. PLEASE NOTE: this will be against our recommendation and any damage incurred will be The Owners responsibility
12. There are checks that is required, before the competent person attempts towing or driving the vehicle, this includes, tyre condition, wheel nuts, and requires lights (not just limited to, full list following this link https://goo.gl/Xfsu7s
This does not affect you statutory rights